DML interlocks suit on all types of gears, handwheel operated (example as in the picture: the Rotork type E9150M-PR4). Available in single or double key styles, locking the valve in either the open or closed position. If the double is specified, the valve can be locked in both the open and closed position. Forming part of a complete range of our process interlock safety systems.
All valve interlocks have a tailor made mounting kit that is non-intrusive to the gear or valve. When used with other Alcatraz interlocks, operators are constrained to follow the correct mechanical sequence of operation of all valves within the interlock sequence.
The Alcatraz interlock incorporates a counting mechanism, which is commissioned as standard at the factory but will require recommissioning after installation to trap and release keys at the desired gear position.
Read our blog about the collaboration between Rotork Gears and Alcatraz Interlocks
Types of valve locks available
- SMLO: single key integral multi turn valve lock, locked open
- SMLC: single key integral multi turn valve lock, locked closed
- DML: double key integral multi turn valve lock, locked open and closed
- Solid, compact design and construction with a minimum of moving parts.
- Material: stainless steel AISI 316, electro polished.
- The electropolishing process smooths and streamlines the microscopic surface of a metal object such as 304, 316 and the 400 stainless steel series.
- Our key will survive a drop of more than 25 meters according to the drop weight impact test, ASTM E208.
- Easy and smooth operation, also with industrial gloves.
- Transferable lock portions.
- Fire safe in accordance with the API 607 sixth edition test.
- Tested on functioning in low temperatures.
- Resistant against sand, dirt, and moisture.
- Easy to install, even when the valve is in a live process.
- Maintenance free, no grease necessary.
- Automatic closing AISI 316 protection caps on keyholes with text plate as standard.
- Ergonomic key position.
- As an option the integration of electronic components such as limit and proximity switches are available.